Thursday, June 30, 2011

Peanut Butter Pie

I'm trying to eat a little healthier but we all know I have a sweet tooth.  There is this peanut butter pie that my Aunt Lisa makes every year for Christmas. It's my favorite pie and I believe I've asked her about three times for the recipe and I fail to write it down every time.  I know I shouldn't of looked for a pie recipe but this one caught my eye and I had to make it.  Anyway, here are the ingredients:

  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup whipped topping
  • 10 peanut butter cups, divided
  • 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)

  • Of course you can adjust this to your liking.  I added more peanut butter and more Reeses. My husband being the peanut butter and chocolate fiend would kill me if I just added what the recipe called for!  Now for the instructions:
Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, and peanut butter until smooth.  It should look something like this:


Now you'll fold in your whipped cream and your Reeses.  Make sure to get it mixed thoroughly because my whipped cream sort of took over my bowl.  Just keep mixing I promise it will calm down.  


Now for the fun part.  Put the mixture into a pie crust.  This one calls for chocolate but being here on this crappy island doesn't allow that.  I just used a regular graham cracker crust.  Just use whatever you like! I added some extra Reeses on top.  You could also add some chocolate chips or even peanut butter chips!  I know it will be hard but you have to put this in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before you dig in!

 Here is the finished project.





No comments:

Post a Comment